Internshipsplay a key role in our team
- Puppy Care and Socialization Assistants
- Animal Behavior Research Assistants
- Behavioral Psychology Research Assistants
- Service Dog Training Assistants
- Client Liaison
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Programs & Services Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Administrative & Development Coordinator
- Grant Writing Assistant
Internship Format & Hours
The format and schedules for all internships are customized to meet the individual intern’s interests and availability.
Ideal candidates: (ideal skill sets vary based on role)
- are compassionate to dogs and people
- are positive, enthusiastic team players
- are patient and genuinely interested in helping people.
- can problem solve and identify opportunities
- work efficiently independently and as a part of a team
- love finding solutions to problems, rather than problems to solutions!
Previous knowledge or experience working with/training dogs would be helpful, but is not a requirement.
Previous knowledge or experiences with/around people with disabilities and/or mental health challenges is helpful, but is not a requirement.
Internships are unpaid but students can receive one to six credits for internships through UMASS Amherst or through any other five college (or other) University as special credits.
Must be over 18.
NOTE: Also interested in taking on Smith students for Praxis internships too, including J-term and summer students. We also have one resident position each summer available for the right person. Mount Holyoke College students can also get paid work-experience internships.